General Reflections #1

 What I Am Looking Forward To!

    As our trip is just a month away I thought it would only be appropriate to share my excitement through a blog post. Obviously I am excited for the trip as a whole and just grateful to have the opportunity to travel places I have been destined to go with some of my favorite people and professors. 

    One specific detail I am looking forward to seeing in all countries is simply the scenery. Any new place I've traveled I have always taken in the way of living and unique architecture in each town or city. I love these simplistic details because it really shows how each place is different by the local art, height of the buildings, along with the historical aspect of each place. These details showcase the way people show their gratitude for their hometown by showcasing local artists, or noticing regulars in certain restaurants. No matter how big or small the population, each place has a special connection.

    I won't lie, I am scared to try some of the foods. I can proudly say I am a picky eater even though I have lately expanded my palette to different flavors. However, some foods commonly eaten by the local citizens do not sound appealing such as blood sausage and haggis. I will challenge myself  to take a bite of everything so I do not later regret missing out, even if I am later scarred. 

    Overall, I cannot express my excitement enough and I cannot believe I sent my application for this trip over a year ago and the take off date is just weeks away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waverley Blog #2

All About Virginia Woolf